The Chennai food bank, a noble and prestigious project of Rajasthan Youth Association Madras Metro (RYA Madras Metro), whose members owing allegiance to "Service to Mankind through Fellowship" , had commenced their activities in the year 1993 and was Inaugurated on April 24th 1993. Now is housed in our own 3000 sq ft premises in the heart of Chennai. We are an ISO 9001-2008 certified first NGO. Our service is beyond Humans as Animals are also taken care of.
1. IS TO HAVE A HUNGER FREE WORLD TO HAVE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY BODY AND MIND WHICH WILL MAKE A HEALTHY NATION.
2. HUNGER IS A SOCIAL EVIL. ASSISTANCE TO THE POOR IS NOT A CHARITY, IT IS A RESPONSIBILITY. TO SERVE IS A PRIVILAGE.
3. LOVE ... BUSINESS ...RELIGION ... IS NOTHING BUT SHADOWS OF WORDS WHEN A PERSON IS STARVING?
4. OUR BIGGEST ENEMY IS HUNGER AND MALNUTRITION WHICH MAKES US WEAK PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY, EMPTY STOMACH IS DEVILS WORKSHOP.
5. TO FORM A HUMANITARIAN ARMY TO COMBAT HUNGER, GREATEST ENEMY TO MANKIND AND TO WORK TILLS WE ACHIEVE FREEDOM FROM HUNGER.
"OUR MISSION IS SIMPLE". NO ONE IN THIS WORLD SHOULD GO TO BED EMPTY STOMACH.
Foodbanking Movement across the country, by making Foodbank affiliations in each and every Town / City by networking through – Corporates’ , NGOs, Individual Volunteering. Through our FOODBANK FOUNDATION OF INDIA (FFI) we would like to carry “HUNGER FREE WORLD” initiative and extend our responsibility to provide at least one time meal a day to our co – citizens. So join the team to support and donate with best possible way you can….
Working for Hunger Free World: Chronic hunger and malnutrition is the worst tribulation that still plagues millions of households in India. Even after 68 years of Independence, India remains home to nearly a quarter of the worlds chronically undernourished population.
The CHENNAI FOOD BANK initiative is but small step in the uphill task of eradicating the menace. A simple and effective mechanism that aims at turning small drops of compassion into an ocean of benevolence.
The Food Bank is a community supported, nonprofit organization whose mission it is to collect surplus, salvaged and donated food and distribute it to hungry and needy people through local voluntary agencies serving homeless, low income families, Children, Orphanage, Handicapped, retarded, the elderly and other people in need like people affected due to natural calamities like drought, flood, fire, riot, earthquake, etc., also the affected cattle. There cannot be greater than sharing with others whatever we have. For it is the Almighty who has given us this Opportunity to serve our fellow human beings who are less fortunate.